9 Reasons You Need to Get a Cat
Getting a pet is a big decision. It’s certainly not something that should be taken lightly. However, a cat can make the perfect addition to any family. Now, I might be a little biased, because I have two cats of my own. So, I’ll let you read this and decide for yourself. Here are nine reasons you should consider getting a cat.
- They teach you responsibility. They can’t feed and water themselves, you know.
2. They are easily entertained. Shine a light against the wall, and they’ll chase it for hours. Give them a ball of string…you don’t even want to know what happens.
3. They make great companions. If you live alone, you can just be that crazy cat lady. Don’t be afraid to wear the title proudly.
4. They have big personalities. I refer to my calico cat as “crazy kitty” because she’s a huge ball of energy who is always getting into mischief. This includes but is not limited to grabbing the drapes, using the couch as a scratching post, and sprinting up and down the stairs for the pure joy of it.
5. They are always there to make you laugh. You can set a zucchini on the ground next to them and they’ll practically jump out of their own fur.
6. They have nine lives. Their resilience is unmatched by all other species. And they can climb trees like it’s nobody’s business, while still miraculously landing on their feet.
7. They are independent. No need to take them outside to go to the bathroom. All they need is a box full of litter. Plus, you don’t have to walk them constantly like you do for a dog. After all, walking is way too much effort.
8. They’re always game for a warm, cuddly nap. So, you’ll always have an excuse to take a work break and “give them some attention”. Which, let’s be honest, really means you’re going to plop down on the couch for a couple hours and catch some z’s.
9. They will love you regardless of your shape, age, color, personality, or anything else. They see you as one thing and one thing only — a faithful friend…who also happens to feed them every night.
At the end of the day, your furry friend will always be there for you. While cats will cause trouble sometimes, they will also give you the unconditional love and attention you deserve. That alone should be reason enough to bring one into your life.